My brother and I were honored to speak with Appa of three on the latest episode of the Amateur Dads podcast. It was a brilliant discussion between three dads recorded on a Friday night.
I hope you enjoy, and stay awesome.
- 00:00 Something is Different About Us
- 5:25 Worst Appa Ever
- 7:00 Back Into the Breach
- 8:33 Warming Up to the Challenge of Parenting
- 11:32 S.I.D.S. and F.U.D.
- 14:01 Wanting to Engage but Not Knowing What to Do
- 15:10 Private Parts
- 20:50 Penis Play
- 22:02 Approaching the Birds and the Bees
- 27:27 Being Truly Present AND Available
- 29:55 John’s Book Recommendations
- Sex is a Funny Word: A Book about Bodies, Feelings, and You by Cory Silverberg and Fiona Smyth
- It’s Perfectly Normal: Changing Bodoes, Growing Up, Sex, and Sexual Health by Robbie Harris and Michael Emberly
- Hello, Flow: The Guide, Period.: The Everything Puberty Book for the Modern Girl by Naama Bloom
- 32:36 Final Boss Mode and Vasectomies
- 42:08 Circumcision Experiences and Debate
- 55:23 Bedtime Schedules: In Bed at 5PM?!
- 59:57 John’s Dad Complex
- 1:03:31 Keith’s (Off the Mark, Yet Still Good) Book Recommendations
- Go the F**k to Sleep by Adam Mansbach and Ricardo Cortés
- Nobody Likes a Cockblock by R. Swanson and Jess Jansen
- 1:05:45 Jae’s Guppy Meet Experience and Leveling Out
- 1:08:50 John is a Soccer Dad
- 1:15:20 Having a la Carte Interests